Warranty Policy for purchases made after 05/30/2019. For purchases made before that date, the previous warranty terms, which can be found here, are applicable.
COLUER Warranty Policy
All COLUER bicycles are sold exclusively through our official network to which we backup and support any incident that may occur to any of our products.
The purchase you have made is covered by this warranty, which replaces any other granted by any other entity. This warranty gives you specific rights, but these may vary from country to country. Without prejudice to the legal guarantee (non-nominative), this COLUER guarantee is exclusively applicable to the initial buyer, which is the name on the invoice issued by COLUER authorized dealer.
The warranty covers defects in the manufacture of original frames and components (wear components are excluded) during the first two years from the date of acquisition. This warranty reserves the right to repair and/or replace the defective product, free of charge. The conditions of this warranty against manufacturing defects are governed by the rules established by law, in accordance with the European Law on Guarantees.
The warranty does not cover wear or corrosion due to external agents such as moisture, sweat or other, the exposure of the product to ultraviolet rays or the application of corrosion products unsuitable for use in materials used in the bicycle.
This warranty is fully compatible with the legal and commercial warranties of the manufacturers and distributors of the individual components of other brands we put on our bicycles. In the event of a defect in any of the components (of other brands), the owner will be responsible for processing the warranty directly with the manufacturers or distributors of those brands.
This warranty only covers the first owner with a document (invoice) certifying the purchase.
All second-hand products sold by an authorized dealer are covered by the legal warranty established by the Warranty Act for a period agreed upon by the buyer and the seller. This warranty is the sole responsibility of the seller and not COLUER.
COLUER warranty extension
COLUER warranty extension allows the first owner an extra period of 3 years after the end of the legal guarantee, on manufacturing defects in all carbon, aluminum full suspension, folding, Dirt and E-Bikes frames. That is 5 years from the purchase of the product by the first owner and exclusively for him.
Defects in paint, varnish and corrosion also have a 1-year extension to the legal warranty period (3 years from the purchase of the product by the first owner and exclusively for him). The material will always have to be analyzed by our technicians to find out the possible cause of the damage.
To enjoy the benefits of COLUER warranty extension, the owner must register the bicycle in the Warranty Registration section on our website coluer.com within a maximum period of 30 days from the date of purchase, sending the respective purchase invoice through the form available. The invoice must include the name of the model, the serial number of the frame and the data of the owner.
Transferring the product from the first owner to another person will void this warranty. Therefore, this warranty only applies to the original owner of the product.
In order for COLUER warranty extension to be valid, the owner must also prove at least one annual maintenance, for each year after the purchase, at one of our authorized dealers. The proof must be made through the corresponding invoice of the dealer. If no annual maintenance proof can be presented or is incomplete, the warranty period of the frame or rear triangle will be reduced to the 2-year legal warranty. The costs of inspection and technical assistance will be charged to the bicycle owner.
The frame and rear triangle (in the case of full suspension bikes) repaired or replaced will be covered for the remainder of the warranty period from the date of first purchase and subject to warranty conditions to the extent permitted by law.
In aluminum, steel and chromoly hardtail frames, COLUER warranty extension offers a lifetime warranty, in accordance with the conditions and guarantee rules mentioned above.
The lifetime warranty on the frame does not guarantee it lasts forever. The duration and the life time vary according to the type of bicycle, the conditions of use and its maintenance.
The life of the product can be substantially reduced if it is used in jumping, competition, Downhill and Trial, if it is used in extreme conditions or adverse weather conditions, driven with heavy loads or if it is used in a way that is not designed to according to the type of bicycle (see User Manual – Using the bicycle).
Any combination of these situations may cause a fissure not covered by this warranty.
This warranty only applies to bicycles purchased from COLUER authorized dealers.
The warranty conditions set forth herein do not preclude the reading of the instruction and maintenance manual accompanying your new bicycle. The brand reserves the right to reject a guarantee if the damage has been caused by poor maintenance by the user.
All this information is available in our User Manual.
This warranty is expressly limited to repair and/or replacement for manufacturing defects. Coluer also reserves the right to modify the name, finish, color, paint and/or decals in the frames repaired and/or replaced.
The initial buyer of a Coluer product is warranted against manufacturing defects in components of other brands assembled in our products for a 2 years period, as described in the warranty conditions of each manufacturer or distributors of the respective components. These components include shocks, engine and electric system (on e-bikes), wheels, hubs, brakes, seat post, stem and handlebar, among others.
This warranty does not cover wear materials such as tires, brake pads, grips, transmissions, bearings, and mechanical or electrical cables.
The warranty must always be processed through a COLUER authorized dealer, with shipping charges the owner’s responsibility. Coluer reserves the right to request shipment of the product for evaluation and analysis.
Coluer reserves the right to repair or replace the damaged product and its decision is binding. In cases of frame replacement Coluer guarantees the replacement by a frame of similar model, size and range. The replacement frame color and/or model is limited to existing availability. The owner must pay the replacement costs of required parts that are not defective. In this case, you will be advised of the convenience of replacing the non-defective parts, so you can authorize the costs.
We recommend that you always carry out maintenance at COLUER authorized dealers because improper or incorrect maintenance and/or repair may void this warranty. Maintenance services expenses will be borne by the owner.
What this warranty does not cover
The warranty shall not apply in the following circumstances:
- Fluoride color discoloration due to prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation (sunlight) – is not considered a manufacturing defect;
- Use or contact of harmful chemicals, harmful cleaning products (including alcohol in displays) or sources of intense heat;
- Washing the bicycle with pressurized water jets, as it can cause harmful and/or corrosive water infiltrations in various parts of the frame and components, in the engine and electric cables or even damage the varnish that protects the paint and the decals;
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear;
- Incorrect handling, abuse, misuse, force majeure events;
- Damage, breaks, cracks and defects due to accidents, abuse or neglect. To the extent permitted by law, indirect and incidental damages are not covered by this warranty;
- Improper or incorrect assembly;
- Improper maintenance by the owner or third parties on behalf of the owner. For non-compliance with maintenance and care procedures, improper or incorrect maintenance and repair by someone other than a COLUER authorized dealer;
- Installation of components, parts and accessories other than those assembled or incompatible with the product. Replacing non-original components can change the structure and behavior of the bike, causing irreparable damage.
Coluer reserves the right to replace an item within the warranty period using frames, parts and components of the latest compatible versions with the model in question and cannot guarantee a perfect harmony with the original painting or decorative elements associated with some specific line or limited-edition components. In addition, the natural deterioration of colors after a period of time can cause differences with the colors of the replacement components.
In the case of frame replacement, this warranty does not cover the replacement of any component installed on the original bicycle that is not compatible with the product delivered by COLUER, and the cost of any component and/or accessory required for final assembly is sole responsibility of the owner. The costs of labor required to dismantle and subsequently install the repaired or replaced frame, if requested to COLUER, are the responsibility of the owner. Likewise, if these services are requested from a COLUER authorized dealer the associated costs are borne by the owner.
COLUER shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages. Due to the inherent danger of using a bicycle, both on the road and off-road, and the physical risks arising from its use, this warranty refers only to the replacement of the affected components, and in no case covers personal damages that may derive directly or indirectly from the failure of these during use. In the event of a circulatory accident, regardless of the direct cause, this warranty is completely voided.
In order to request COLUER warranty for defects in its products, you should contact a COLUER authorized dealer, preferably the one where you bought the bike and whenever you have previously registered the guarantee, and present a proof of purchase of your product so that the dealer can initiate a warranty claim.
How do I process my warranty?
In order to process your warranty, you should contact the COLUER authorized dealer where you purchased your bike so it can start a warranty claim. If you cannot contact your original dealer you should look for another dealer near you in the Stores section of our website. If for some reason you cannot reach any dealer please get in touch with our warranty department via [email protected] and you will receive instructions on how to process the guarantee. In any of the options the warranty request process will only begin if you present the bicycle purchase document (invoice).
Warranty management process
There are 2 types of occurrences on a warranty claim process:
- those affecting the frame, rear triangle and ICON brand components;
- those affecting other brands components.
- Occurrences in the frame, rigid fork, rear triangle and our own Icon brand components: the owner must contact the COLUER authorized dealer where he purchased the product and the dealer will contact our warranty department to initiate a process. An email with a detailed description of the problem should be sent where you must attach photographs that clearly and unambiguously show the affected area.
The said problem will then be analyzed by a group of specialized technicians and if a valid reason is found a warranty process will start and the dealer will receive a process number, as we try to solve it in the shortest possible time.
The delivery time of the warranty product may vary depending on the solution found. In case of frame replacement, the delivery time will depend on the stock available (model and color may vary) in warehouse. In case of repair the delivery time will depend on the area to be repaired; since it’s an outsourced service is impossible for us to establish an exact date.
The frame or complete bicycle is always analyzed at the moment of its reception at our facilities to ensure that it has not suffered any damage due to transport or due to incorrect packaging/protection.
The frame or bicycle should arrive clean and the scratches or defects caused by wear and tear, free of warranty, will be identified. This information will be documented and presented as evidence in case of a claim of damages after the bicycle is sent.
In the event of replacement, damaged products will become the property of COLUER.
All claims subject to this warranty must always be conducted through a COLUER official dealer.
- Occurrences affecting other brands components: If the occurrence refers to other brands components the owner must contact the COLUER official dealer and/or manufacturer/distributor of said component. It will always be the manufacturer/distributor to resolve the occurrence autonomously, so COLUER is not responsible for the handling of these components. Your COLUER authorized dealer will respond directly for damages that may be caused by improper assembly or maintenance of these products and/or components.
COLUER commitment project
We know and understand what it means to change a bike frame or component if the damage is not covered by the brand’s warranty.
For these situations COLUER offers the following possibilities:
- If you want your frame (out of warranty) to be repaired by the brand, we can present a quotation, depending on the problem, guaranteeing a reasonable price. In this case COLUER cannot give an exact repair time. As the repair is done by a third party, COLUER is exempt of any warranty responsibility on the repair.
- Another possibility we offer (in case of out-of-warranty) is the option to purchase a new frame (regardless of the range) at a very special price. This option is limited to the first owner and a proof of purchase (invoice) must be presented. COLUER is exempt from any warranty claim if the new purchased frame is incompatible with the components assembled in the previous model.